And if you're not gonna read it all, at least read the bold and purple paragraph just like this one.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry announces the sad loss of its Headmaster Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry announces the sad loss of its Headmaster Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.
Dear
fellow students of all mighty houses: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw; notable professors and
staff members, today we are gathered here under the starry night sky and
thousands of flickering candles floating in mid air mourning for the loss of
one of the greatest wizards of all time, professor Albus Dumbledore. I remember
the first time I sat in here for the “Sorting Ceremony”, my good friend Hermione
Granger told me that it’s bewitching to look into the ceiling and see stars; she
read in some book that the Great Hall didn’t simply open on to the heavens. Ever
since, I’ve thought that the starry sky perhaps leads us to a heaven-like
place, but more mysterious and full of secrets. I’d like to believe that
Dumbledore is up there watching over us.
I don’t
believe he’s truly gone, we will not be able to see his long silver beard, his
sparkling blue eyes behind those half-moon spectacles and his typical purple
cloak that swept the grounds, but I’m sure he left a more powerful impression
beyond his typical appearance. We cannot deny he left a piece of him in each of
us with his words of wisdom and witty advice. For some he was a great transfiguration
teacher back in the day and for most of us the mighty Headmaster, full of
patience and overflowing goodness.
It is inevitable to be in a state of grief, but deep in my soul I know
that he doesn’t want me to be bitter or saddened. He told me once, “Happiness can be
found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Let’s not remember the tragedies and let’s recall the moments of joy, content
and pleasure. Here’s a funny story to mellow your hearts, I’m sure that many of
you remember from the first page of the Daily Prophet, how Dumbledore escaped
from the Ministry of Magic. He told Dolores Umbridge he refused to go to
Azcaban and in a bit he made a great escape with Fawkes, his pet phoenix. The
news went viral and everybody thought of it as hilarious. Even Kingsley Shacklebolt said that the minister might not like Dumbledore but there’s no doubt he’s got
style! His light sense of humor brightened everybody and his humbleness was
like no other. He enjoyed the little things of life like chamber music, tenpin
bowling and earwax jellybeans.
If there’s something I truly
learned from him, was to not be afraid of death. We tend to force ourselves to
omit death and think of it as an option, when in reality it is something just
as natural as breathing and that at any point in our life, we will all go
through it. Death is not there to discourage, but to remind us that everything in
this world, and even in the world of magic, is temporary and the only thing
that goes on forever is love. He told me to not pity the dead, but to pity the
living, and above all, those who live without love.
We will all miss
you professor, there’s no doubt. A wizard like you will never be forgotten. And
now I will leave you with one of his great quotes:
“After all, to the well organized mind, death is but the
next great adventure”
![]() |
| (I DO NOT OWN THE IMAGE) |

No comments:
Post a Comment