Don't assume anything, don't ponder too much. This isn't about me, this is about you. Nothing personal. I need you to step out from your assumptions and forget about what you think about me just for a few minutes. Bare with me please. I have a feeling that you were already waiting for this. Perhaps, to refresh your soul or simply become enlightened. Now, listen carefully what I desperately want to tell you. Come closer. Yeah, that's it.
I love you.
What do these three little words sitting on my window want to tell me? I really wish I knew {But I will pretend as if I had great dominance in the subject and you, my dear, will agree before my eyes and secretly remain skeptical}
How odd can these words be? How can they be heart-shattering and heart-mending at the same time? Be subtle and amusing along with a "thank you" and strong enough to form a tangled mess in your throat. They can be volatile and fade away in your tongue and they can be pungent and process their way to your brain and hopelessly to your heart and veins. And when we set these meanings apart, we automatically discard the "I love you" we say when we are too excited to realize that you could've said that to a stranger and wouldn't care less. But the one that really matters is the one you find difficult to say, the one that makes you gulp, tremble and sweat a little. The one that is addressed to those precious gems in your life and yet, most of us never say it. {And if you are not part of "most of us"... I envy you and so do they.}
But I know there will come a time when you are going to put yourself together, man/woman yourself up and will finally have the boldness and courage to say it, and when you do, I hope the world conspires against all odds and make you fall in it even harder. And come closer again. The benefits of saying "I love you" will come if you have perfect timing. That's the key.
One more thing...
three words
No comments:
Post a Comment