Monday, June 30, 2014

Foodie Takes Over Nola

Back in the Spring 2014 semester, mom whatsapped me about a food exposition in New Orleans held by the IFT (Institute of Food Technologists). She wanted to take me and my grandmother to check out the exposition and also to visit her alma mater, Loyola University, since she never got the chance to take Apo back in the day. I found no interest whatsoever in attending the food expo {honesty above all}, I believe I was too busy "studying" and doing who-knows-what to simply Google about it and get a grasp of the event.

I think I wasn't very excited for this trip {and please don't get me wrong, I was all in to spend a good time with my two main women} compared to other past voyages. Usually, I would count the days to pack my bags, jump right into the plane and get away for a few days. New Orleans just arrived, I wasn't even aware of it.

But boy, New Orleans you really surprised me. Probably one of the most eye-opening travels I've ever had. I learned a little more about myself and my major. I couldn't be more grateful!

Now, I'll leave you with the highlights of each day in beautiful Nola {I just screenshot my happydoriboo Instagram account}.
















No comments:

Post a Comment