Saturday, October 4, 2014

Coping





Hello dearest time travelers, 

Welcome to another year of college by my side {even if you are screens and miles away from me}. Sweet summer sugar-rushed through the days and Junior year started to silently sink into my skin. Now I can finally say: "I am half way there".  

Many things have changed, since I have gotten here. Strength, courage, gratefulness {and you} have kept me going. I still don't know if these little life modifications were made for better or for worse, but I courageously {not bravely} welcome them. You see, to embrace change is to embrace growth. So here's to another year of school and another bag full of confetti, surprises and whatnots. 

Come hit me with your best shot. 




-Dorianne


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Maybe you asked yourself why "..I courageously {not bravely} welcome them." Don't worry, you will know about it soon. My next post will answer all your queries. For now, I will leave you with a short introduction. 


You are not the Scarecrow, you have a brain. You are not the Tin Man, you have a heart. You are the Cowardly Lion, only if you let thyself be one. And you ask me, how do I know if I have courage? Where in this anthropomorphic celestial body can I find it? Would it be running through my veins along with the ever-changing red blood cells? Is it a temporary visitor in the lungs, just as the oxygen we inhale? Maybe it’s got wings like the butterflies in our stomachs or plays hide-and-seek under the arches of our feet. For all I know, Courage lives in Us and it is indeed part of our complex anatomy. He is the silent savior of the city of Us {please do not confuse it with Oz}. He is like Batman in Gotham City and his Joker, the abominable Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment