Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Coincidence or Fate?

1 sun.
10^24 stars.
1 Earth.
7.046 billion people
1 you.

Yes, 7.046 billion people in this small world, yet you only get to meet some thousands. From those thousands, only some hundreds remain acquaintances and a couple dozens have reserved VIP seats in your ever-exclusive circle. Is it really just coincidence that you get to meet certain people in your life? Where they meticulously handpicked for you by some supernatural force beyond your control? Or did you choose wisely who to surround yourself with?

I’m not sure if I believe in coincidental encounters. Actually, I don’t think they exist at all. Some transcendental part of me sees Fate dressing up as Coincidence, so no one can recognize it while it does its mystical and every so often miraculous works. Yes, coincidence it’s just fate in disguise {so our common sense can swallow everything smoothly, so we can hide our sentimental and passionate ideas and trick people and ourselves into believing that everything in this world is solely rational}. And that’s how we all put everything together with a single word: “coincidence” -- because no one will ask further questions and it’s easier to forget matters of the soul in a quick glance.

{And so we’re clear again, this type of coincidence I’m talking about it’s not the we’re-wearing-the-same-shirt kind}.

Let’s not burrow coincidence in our pockets; it can still be our masked accomplice. In front of their eyes, all of these works of destiny {when it comes to meeting people} can remain little coincidences and nothing more. All I beg from you is to not fool yourself. 

When we “coincidentally” encounter one specific person a good amount of times. He/she is everywhere you go, or well the other way around {hopefully it’s not a stalking situation}.  Stop and think for a minute… There are 24 hours, 1440 minutes in a day and right at the 20th second of the second minute of 1 p.m. we find ourselves crossing in the same path, street or remote corner as that person we’ve been seeing all the time. And when you least expect it, there he/she is again. Funny right? You could’ve been stuck five minutes in a line paying for some groceries or waiting two more minutes for the bus, while it stopped in the red light and actually not see the person you consistently bump into.

 You see, there’s no room for coincidence. Fate is the only one that knows how to manipulate the most rare and microscopic possibilities. It’s just meant to happen, yes “it’s just meant to happen”. {Hopefully, I’m not the only person who gets into this kind of situation... That will probably make me some outer space being.}

I’m a firm believer that every single person you’ve met {and you’ll meet} has been put in your way to make you grow in some way. Every soul has something to teach you, good or bad, happy or sad. It doesn’t matter if they’re there for a day, for some months or for a lifetime, they just gravitate towards you for a very specific reason you’ll eventually learn {or you already know}.

The intangible and cosmic warriors of destiny secretly conspire against all odds, so you can meet the people who perfectly fit in the puzzle of your life and complement the rhythm of your everyday.

I hope I meet you someday… I will say it was fate, not coincidence. Cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die promise. And if I already know you, I’m more than grateful that we crossed paths. You will always be a little piece in my undetermined-number-piece jigsaw puzzle -- because you know, this life of mine is not over yet and yours isn’t either. 



Here’s to the unknown. Cheers, 




D.

Maybe I am from outer space.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

No comments:

Post a Comment