Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jeanne D'Arc

Au jour d'hui we all went to the Alliance Française and took our french class as always. We learned "Verlan" language, which means the language used by the young people in France (well, you may also call it french slang).

Then, we ate in a cafeteria a little bit far away from the AF, where we'll usually eat during our stay in Rouen. In this dejeuné I sat with my friends Carlos, Guille, Ivan, Luis and Arturo. While eating dessert we all heard an "OUCH!!!"from Arturo, Ivan quickly said "it must be a hard apple", but for our big surprise what he really found in his apple pie was a small ceramic piece in form of a french flag. Then Carlos said "That's a tradition in France!! when you get the ceramic piece, you become the king! Go to the cashier and reclaim your prize". So, Arturo went to the cashier and returned with a little crown, just like the ones they give you in Burger King!

Later on, Allison, Loraine, Nicole, Grisvi, Claudia and I had a little walk around the shopping area just to check out the shops and boutiques that were there because tomorrow is the big SALE in Rouen!!! All the shops will be on sale, I hope I can get good stuff at good prices.

After windowshopping, we toured the streets of Rouen with a nice lady that was out tourguide. We visited the dungeon and the place where Jeanne D'Arc was burnt alive, the Notre Dame of Rouen and the St. Jeanne D'arc Eglise.


King Arturo

Vive La France!!!

FRRRREEZING

Carlos the polar bear

Agustin looks extremely "cute"

I guess everyone liked my hat :)

Stained-glass windows of St. Jeanne D'Arc Church

L'Horloge, an interesting clock.

Notre Dame de Rouen

No comments:

Post a Comment