JULY 15, 2012
Cariocas: is a Portuguese adjective or demonym that is used to refer to the native inhabitants of the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Claudia´s mom told me that Cariocas are like the Cristo Redentor, they welcome people with their arms wide open but they are unable to close them. This means that Cariocas welcome tourist to Rio but, they are not warm hearted or very kind to them. So, guess where we went that day... Yeah, to the Cristo Redentor, one of the 7 new wonders of the world!
At 8 a.m. we were already in the line to buy the tickets to ride the Corcovados Train, the famous red train that takes you all the way up to Cristo. This time no line interfered with us, cause we were smart enough to go half an hour earlier, before the cashier opened. Anyway, after buying the tickets we waited a little bit more and finally a lady opened the gates to aboard the train. When we got there, we immediately climbed up the stairs to get to the Cristo. Ohh and I have to say that the day wasn´t as sunny as I wanted it to be, but at least the Cristo was not hidden between the clouds. So, we were able to take like 10 pictures because silly me forgot to charge the camera the day before. Bleh...
Then, we had lunch in this seafood restaurant in front of our hotel called Nomangue. We had Shrimp pasta and grilled octupus, yuuuuuuuuuuuuM!
After lunch, we went back to the hotel and had a short nap. When we woke up, we decided to walk a little and ride bicycle along the Copacabana beach. I really liked it, I felt like if I was inside a post card. I don´t know, just perfect. The breeze caressing my skin, the waves crashing against the sand, the birds chirping along the sea, the sound of skateboard wheels rolling on the street and people laughing and simply having fun at the beach.
At night, we drank a light soup and walked again towards the beach, but this time to go to the night market. I just bought a couple of things for my friends and c´est tout.
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment