Sunday, July 8, 2012

More Hamster Drama

"Man tus hamsters son disque una novela" were Ivonne's exact words. And believe me she's right.

Remember I told you about my two other hamsters, well I actually bought another one. This time I bought a girl, her name is Fairy Dust and I paired her with little Periwinkle. They seemed to get along pretty well. They never fought or bit each other, they were in peace unlike Periwinkle and Boo. 

(Fairy Dust, isn't she gorgeous?)


They stayed together for a long time and I even thought that they'd be parents someday. But on June 15th a great tragedy happened. 

Every day after I woke up, I would visit my dear hamsters. First I'd play with Periwinkle and Fairy dust and after I would play with Boo. But that day, June 15, was not like that. When I was about to take out Periwinkle I saw him between the cedar bedding looking terribly. I just couldn't pick him up, one of his eyes was missing and the other one was red as blood. I broke into tears for a little animal once again. Since that day, I've asked myself what could have killed Periwinkle. It could've been a lizard or maybe it was Fairy Dust. I really don't want to believe it was Fairy Dust because she doesn't seem like a serial killer or any kind of assassin. 

Anyway, Hilaria picked him up from the cage, put him in a little plastic cup and buried him in my backyard. Now he's with God :)






No comments:

Post a Comment